This piece was made available thanks to a generous donation from the family of Reinhold Marxhausen. Proceeds from the sale of this piece will go toward improving the classrooms and playground of St. John Child Development Center or toward Concordia University’s Center for Liturgical Art‘s effort to restore Reinhold Marxhausen’s Studio.
Additional photos are available below.
This large bowl appears to have been made at about the same time as #1110, judging by the clay and glaze. It has a large chip (see photo gallery)